Date:      Fri, 8 Nov 2002 09:22:12 -0800 (PST)
From:      Joseph Scott <joseph@randomnetworks.com>
To:        Alex Vinogradoff <fdisk@wananchi.com>
Cc:        freebsd-database@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Oracle 8i

On Fri, 8 Nov 2002, Alex Vinogradoff wrote:

# Thanks a lot, but the question is about the linux_base7... Oracle works
# perfectly with linux_base6, it is known.

	It doesn't work with linux_base7, period.  The Oracle binaries
were compiled against older pieces of linux, so it needs those present to
work.

	This is exactly the same thing you have to do to make it work on
newer versions of linux.  When I installed Oracle8i on a Red Hat Linux 7.x
box, I still had to install the older Red Hat 6.x pieces (glic, etc) that
Oracle 8i needed to run.

-Joseph