Date:      Mon, 28 Mar 2011 22:08:39 +0200
From:      Albert Shih <Albert.Shih@obspm.fr>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org, freebsd-jail@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: setfib mount

 Le 23/03/2011 à 23:29:16-0700, Julian Elischer a écrit

> > No.
> >
> > The mount is on the host.
>
> so then I too am not sure why the mount itself would use the second FIB.
> is it possible that some of the mounting is being  done automatically
> by rc scripts
> using /etc/fstab in the jail?

No totally «impossible»...;-)

But maybe I find something. I need to do some tests (the server is in
production) but seem to me it's more complicate then I though.

Configuration :

	Two physical interfaces (bce0 and bce1)

	The «host» is on the bce0  --> setfib 0

	The jail is on the bce1. --> setfib 1

If I try in the /etc/fstab to put the mount he seem to me the connection
start from bce1.

If I don't put the mount in the /etc/fstab but in something like (or
manually) /etc/rc.local with

	#/usr/sbin/setfib 0 mount -t nfs -o rw,tcp etc...

it's working...until the jail try to access to this partition at this
moment the connection start from bce1.

So to solve my problem I put the mount in the /etc/fstab and make the
NFS-server accept connection from bce1.

But...I think it's a bug....

If you want me to do some other tests tell me (and give me some time).

Regards.

JAS
--
Albert SHIH