Date:      Sat, 13 Nov 1999 05:12:38 -0600 (CST)
From:      Erick White <erickw@taurus.oursc.k12.ar.us>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        David Schwartz <davids@webmaster.com>, Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Judge: "Gates Was Main Culprit"

On Fri, 12 Nov 1999, Brett Glass wrote:

> At 04:46 PM 11/12/1999 -0800, David Schwartz wrote:
>
> >         Ahh, I see. Superior has nothing to do with user experience. Superior is to
> >be judged by experts according to arcane principles. That's much better than
> >letting the market decide.
>
> The market had no opportunity to decide, as Judge Jackson has handily pointed out.
>
> I could comment on some of your other bogus assertions as well, but I suspect
> that there is no point. I've reviewed the messages you've posted in this and other
> forums during the past six months (Web search engines are VERY handy for this!), and
> they're 100% pro-NT and pro-Microsoft. In some, you make rather lame excuses for
> serious security holes in Microsoft products; in others, you bash Linux, FreeBSD,
> and other non-Microsoft OSes.
>
> Folks, I think that what we have here is a "Barkto" -- a Microsoft mole.
>
> --Brett Glass
        For your information it is our descision to make. I am all for the
competition that is going on. I don't agree or trust Microsoft. The fact
is though, we in the consumer department do have the right to decide what
is what. Now since we are the ones giving them money, if we use windows,
we descide what is cheating. Now I use windows, becouse I simply don't
have all the commercial support that is needed for my Linux and FreeBSD,
that is the only drawback, no commercial support as of yet. Some are
starting to realize this. But I have diverged from what I was stating
here. We, as the consumer market for operating systems and browsers have
the say. Microsoft makes theirs supperior in the consumer poles becouse A)
It is given on the basic platform. and B) it has been my experiance most
users are frightened by technology and choice and they don't care about
all the things we do, the only want it to run fast, and be simple, not
alot about choices. I am talking people in general. My mother is like
this... Buttons even frighten her, people are afraid of change without
directors. Well they have had the wrong one.
	Those of us know better than to blindly trust him would say, and
see that what Pa Bill is doing here is trying to incucate those who know
knothing better. This isn't saying this is supperior, this is saying that
they hold the golden rule of arts and sciences.

		He Who has the gold Makes the Rules

	We changing the rules.

	You see I favor two Unix operating systems. Linux and *BSD. They
are UNIX, much better then Microsoft windows in stability and programming
and bug fixes and constantly evolving. However if you want to get down to
it, if the original UNIX programmers had not thought PC's were toys, and
actually took their time to write for it originaly, then.. guess what good
neighbors? Thats right... We would all be running UNIX in spite of the
Xwars that went on. We wouldn't had anything other than programs that
compiled from ol Billy Boy.
	So you see it isn't that there is the competition, that had
started from him taking over so to speak. He just got the popular
architechure under his thumb first hand... He didn't get the supperior
system. So look at it this way... we should all be running UNIX anyway.

	Your Friendly Neigborhood UNIX advocate: Erick