Date:      Sat, 11 Apr 1998 01:25:23 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Chris Dillon <cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Time Magazine Top100 People Poll

On Sat, 11 Apr 1998, Greg Lehey wrote:

> On Sat, 11 April 1998 at  0:46:07 -0500, Chris Dillon wrote:
> > Here's a possible chance for a little positive PR.  Lets make Jordan one
> > of the Top100 for all of the categories. ;-)
> >
> > http://www.pathfinder.com/time/time100/time100poll.html
>
> No, don't.  If you want to get any kind of recognition for free UNIX,
> vote for Linus.  Once that's acheived, we can start making FreeBSD
> better known.

True.  That is actually how it was brought to my attention in the first
place.  Someone asked me to go there and vote for Linux, and I thought
plugging Jordan in instead might be a good idea.  After seeing the stats
you get afterwards, however (AFTER I wrote the original mail) we would
have an extremely hard time coming up with 50,000 people to vote in that
direction to be able to displace the others on the list.  :-)

<naughty mode>
You could, I suppose, write some scripts to hit that page
up a few thousand times with the appropriate poll-bending information
(which I would not doubt in the least has already been done, if you look
at some of those figures).  ;->
</naughty mode>

-- Chris Dillon
--- cdillon@inter-linc.net