Date:      Tue, 07 Jul 1998 19:38:27 -0500
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Someone working on swapoff?

Stefan Eggers writes:
> Hi!
>
> Is there still anybody left working on swapoff?  The only reference I
> have in my mail archive is a mail from John mentioning this briefly
> ("when I get swapoff working").  Now that he left the project does
> anybody know what happened to this?

Apparently /sbin/swapon is the traditional BSD tool to add swap to a
system, but would it be breaking sacred tradition to merge swapon and
the future swapoff into one "swap" management utility? The unified
utility could do swapon tasks if linked to the name "swapon" and
swapoff tasks if its named "swapoff".