Date:      Wed, 05 Sep 2001 01:22:39 +0200
From:      Andrzej Bialecki <abial@webgiro.com>
To:        deepak@ai.net
Cc:        "freebsd-isp@FreeBSD. ORG" <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>, "freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD. ORG" <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Flow cache on FreeBSD?

Deepak Jain wrote:

> Is there a way to provide functionality similar to ip flow cache stats on a
> FreeBSD router?
>
>         Let me clarify, I am talking about being able to easily see groupings of
> traffic go through a FreeBSD box. So if a downstream customer is being
> attacked, a simple table in realtime [or near real-time] will show the
> attack characteristics [ip ranges, packet types, general number of packets,
> etc].?

Yes. Please go and find the NeTraMet package on the web - it should
compile cleanly on FreeBSD (if not the latest versions, then surely some
older - I used them some time ago). It's very configurable, and comes
with a lot of examples (among others, and XWindow application to watch
the flows in real-time).

--

Andrzej

// Andrzej Bialecki <abial@webgiro.com>, Chief System Architect