Date:      Wed, 27 Feb 2002 08:52:54 -0700
From:      "Laurence Brockman" <laurence@fluxinc.com>
To:        <security@freebsd.org>, <isp@freebsd.org>, <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: Security Alert For Apache / PHP Webservers

Just another heads up as well.

Lately on a lot of security lists there is a lot of dis-information being
posted. On Security Focus lists there have even been "exploits" posted that
in reality are trojans that will open up a root shell on unsuspecting users.

So far I have seen these so called advisories (Or really rumours of
vulnerabilities) for Apache, SSH2 (Later versions), BIND and SNMPD (UCD-SNMP
ver 4.2.2 I think, or ver 4.2.1). Now the SNMPD advisory is real, but the
exploits that have been released aren't.

So again, be careful with what you believe and run from these lists (As you
should always be)...

See the following from Blue Boar of the Vuln-Dev list
http://online.securityfocus.com/archive/82/258445

Thanks,
Laurence