Date:      Sun, 6 Apr 2003 15:54:53 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Haikal Saadh <wyldephyre2@yahoo.com>
To:        Are-Harald Brenne <are-harald.brenne@econ.uib.no>, freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Brilliant and very useful for FreeBSD, IMHO

--- Are-Harald Brenne <are-harald.brenne@econ.uib.no> wrote:

*snip*

> I had to struggle a bit to set up XF86Config and internet access in
> the beginning. An X frontend to ports and packages would also be
> usefull I think. It could perhaps be easy to let sysinstall set up
> one of the package ftp mirrors as a remote package site
> automatically, with an entry in make.conf.

Recently, I've been using XFree86 -configure from the command line
rather than use the GUI configurator. Seems to do better job at
detecting hardware than the GUI one, which more often than not, seems
to crash on startup. Maybe because I've been working with laptops and
boxes with cheap display cards...

The automatic setting of the package mirror would be a _really_ nice
feature.

*snip*