Date:      Sun, 16 Jan 2005 23:10:17 -0700 (MST)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        bengta@sics.se
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ipw driver causes total system freeze

In message: <uh71xctndg3.fsf@P142.sics.se>
            Bengt Ahlgren <bengta@sics.se> writes:
: Brian Behlendorf <brian@hyperreal.org> writes:
:
: > On Mon, 10 Jan 2005, Dennis Koegel wrote:
: > > On Sun, Jan 09, 2005 at 05:37:13PM +0200, Niki Denev wrote:
: > >> I do experience freezes when try to load the driver/firmware under X.
: > >> The machine freezes immediately and only hardreset works.
: > >> [...]
: > >> The machine is IBM ThinkPad X31.
: > >>
: > >> P.S.: This is probably more appropriate for the ipw forum, but i'm
: > >> curious if anyone else has similar problems?
: > >
: > > I didn't use the ipw driver for two or three months now, so I can't
: > > say anything about the other issues. The freeze on firmware load -
: > > only in X - is present here, too. X31 here as well.
: >
: > For what it's worth, I've not yet seen problems on a new X40 after 2
: > weeks of regular use.
:
: I have - but not with ipw per se.
:
: After I _unload_ ipw, it won't recognise any PC card that I insert.
: It just says:
:
:   pccard0: Card has no functions!
:   cbb0: PC Card card activation failed
:
: When I reload ipw, it works again.  Indicates that something is messed
: up by ipw?

Interesting....  This looks like something that needs to be debugged.

Can you turn on debugging:

	hw.cbb.debug=1
	hw.cardbus.debug=1
	hw.pccard.debug=1