Date:      Wed, 10 Feb 1999 23:10:41 +0900
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
To:        Andrzej Bialecki <abial@nask.pl>
Cc:        Cristian Angelini <chr.ang@biella.alpcom.it>, freebsd-small@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: WARNING (Re: 3.0-based pico)

Andrzej Bialecki wrote:

> > I disabled the Forth Interpreter on the loader code, and now my 386-laptop
> > is back to life. My new loader code is also smaller (40K less in
> > uncompressed format). Wow !

40K, eh? I was wondering how big was the hit. Anyway, it's about
time to have that awk script optimized.

> Thanks for notification, and workaround! I think that the problem is
> related to use of doubles in FICL... this was corrected yesterday IIRC.
> Could you see if this helped?

Not yet. There was an open PR on this. We still have to get rid of
fp instructions on setjmp/longjmp. I'll try that today, but I'll
need code review on this particular change (as small as it seems to
be).

The people with processors with math coprocessor can rest assured,
though, that it *is* our intent to support them. It was unfortunate
that I only noticed the open PR two days ago... :-(

--
Daniel C. Sobral			(8-DCS)
dcs@newsguy.com

	Well, as a computer geek, I have to believe in the binary universe.