Date:      Fri, 30 Oct 1998 17:03:28 +0000
From:      Roger Hardiman <roger@cs.strath.ac.uk>
To:        Adrian Filipi-Martin <adrian@virginia.edu>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: meteor2 support?

Adrian

The Meteor2

Matrox used a different video capture chipset on the meteor2
(although I cannot remember what it is right now)

So, there is no meteor2 support in FreeBSD.

Matrox still sell the old Meteor boards (well they did a while ago)
but forseeing shortages, I switched my project to bt848 based
cards which FreeBSD has excellent support for.

Almost all PCI TV Viewing cards use bt848s, including the popular
Hauppauge WinCast range.

(the FreeBSD bt848 driver also supports 848a/849/878 and 879 too)

Bye
Roger