Date:      Tue, 10 Dec 1996 11:09:21 +0100
From:      kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de (Christoph Kukulies)
To:        june@adn.edu.ph (Francis Percival C. Favoreal)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org (freebsd-questions)
Subject:   Re: X Windows colors

Francis Percival C. Favoreal writes:

> How do I change some color settings in X Windows? Like change the window
> background, foreground, text forground, text background, and other windows
> related color settings just like in Microsoft Windows?

You should get one of the O'Reilly books on X, e.g. XWindows System
Administration. Also you could read man pages on the various applications.
There are several ways to do such things in X. One is to write the
appropriate resources into your .Xdefaults or .Xresources file, like:

XTerm*cursorColor:              #f03090
Xterm*Background:               gold1
Xterm*Foreground:               black

Another method is using command line options like:

xterm -cr magenta -fn terminal18 -fg green -bg black -sb -ls -geometry \
80x24+0+0 -name login