Date:      Tue, 16 May 2000 18:38:07 -0700
From:      Arun Sharma <adsharma@sharmas.dhs.org>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Why are people against GNU? WAS Re: 5.0 already?

On Wed, May 17, 2000 at 01:16:00AM +0000, Terry Lambert wrote:
> > One prime example of this is the Indian state of Kerala, which has
> > been ruled by communists within the framework of democracy. The state
> > has the highest literacy in the country, no industries because of labor
> > problems d and scores very well on most yard sticks of progress.
> >
> > On the other hand, many the other "capitalist" states in India have
> > flourishing industries, but the average man on the street is worse off
> > than the one in the communist state.
>
> It is well known that there is severe corruption in India.  There
> is much less severe corruption in the US.

<snip>

What does corruption have to do with the above discussion ? I'd think
the communist state is less corrupt than the rest of the country, because
the kind of corruption common in India is more due to poverty than greed.
The communist state being better educated and idealistic, is less prone
to corruption than other states.

	-Arun

PS: I've also observed that the usage of "GNU/Linux" and GPL are very
popular in that state.