Date:      Tue, 2 Nov 2004 11:40:53 -0800
From:      Gary Kline <kline@tao.thought.org>
Subject:   xorg and my thinkpad 600e

	Guys, I need some guidance re xorg v xfree86.

	On my emachines test server, xorg does work, but xdm brings
	up a default of 1600x1280 or something close.  It's nice to
	be able to squeeze two size=by=side xterms with fonts that
	i can see.  still, other apps are hard to read.  so: is
	there a way to switch the default to 1280x1024?

	More importantly, my ThinkPad maxes out at 1024x768.  ARe
	the xorg drivers intelligent enough to recognize the
	hardware limitations?

	thanks,

	gary

--