Date:      Fri, 30 Dec 1994 11:52:42 +0000 ()
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@jules.DIALix.oz.au>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        jmb@kryten.atinc.com, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: break out to shell

> You can't, sorry..  No shell!
>

> > 	installed 2.0-RELEASE
> > 	hammered my kernel
> > 	how do i break out to a shell when booting from the boot floppy?
> > 	i wanna get a kernel back.
> >
> > 	wah....wahh.....wah.... ;)
> >
> > Jonathan M. Bresler  jmb@kryten.atinc.com	| Analysis & Technology, Inc.
> > 						| 2341 Jeff Davis Hwy
> > play go.					| Arlington, VA 22202
> > ride bike. hack FreeBSD.--ah the good life	| 703-418-2800 x346

we REALLY need a fixit floppy!
whether it uses the new install program or just gives you a shell
doesn't matter,
but I end up needing this on EVERY install (about 5) because they are
NEVER straight-forward (they are usually upgrades of systems with non
standard setups) and there is always something I don't want to
clobber, that the standard install DOES clobber, etc...

Menu based installs are ok, but you can't guess everything that will
ever be needed..

julian