Date:      Sat, 20 Dec 2008 22:25:37 +0200
From:      "Maxim Sirenko" <maxim@mail.rv.ua>
To:        <skv@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Port: firebird-client-1.5.5 & firebird-server-1.5.5

Hi!

Could you tell me please, how to install correctly
firebird-client-1.5.5
&
firebird-server-1.5.5
under FreeBSD 6.4 AMD64 ?

It asks to do 'make' not as root.
What to do with permissions to let it compile?
How to install it?

I didn't manage to finish the installation.
There was an error with some library that has 'embed' in it's name.

I didn't find it in the FreeBSD ports tree separately and I think it's
inside firebird 1.5 source tree.

Please, write some little howto that could be accessible by lots of such as
me.
If you wish I could even publish this howto on a separate website.
For example: http://firebird15howto.rovno.ua/

I need exactly version 1.5, because there are some old applications that
can't be overwritten for firebird2.

Thanks,
Maxim.