Date:      Thu, 19 Oct 1995 00:34:00 -0400 (EDT)
From:      gt4722a@prism.gatech.edu (Brian "AGENT GORDON COLE" Atkins)
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CD-ROM drive recommendatio

I might as well chime in here too since I am also going to be ordering
one in a few days: how about the Pioneer DR-U124X? It's 4.4x with
very fast seek of around 150ms. Claims to handle CD-DA and all that
good stuff, and there is a Win95 driver. I have heard good reports
of this drive in the scsi/storage groups and it can be had for around
$225 from Insight I think. Anyone had any experience with it under
FreeBSD though?

I was considering the Toshiba 4speed, but it uses caddies and costs
a bit more for the same performance...