Date:      Mon, 22 Apr 1996 07:28:17 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        richardc@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU (Richard Chang)
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: hpscan

As Richard Chang wrote:

> 	I thought he meant the uk0 device...

Yes, but for us, the pt0 device is better suited.  That's also what
the hpscan/pkg/DESCR file explains.

> 	Hmmm, what does it do exactly?  does it just scan and what
> formats will it save in?  Is there anything similar to Adobe Photoshop for
> editing the picture?

It gives you a preview picture where you can select a rectangle.  You
can further zoom it (for another preview), and select again, or you
can finally scan the image to a disk file.  After my recent changes,
you can select intensity and contrast, in addition to the scan
resolution.  The stored file is always in ``raw PPM'' format.

Use your favorite image processing tool for postprocessing.  xv and
xpaint come to mind.

--
cheers, J"org