Date:      Mon, 5 Dec 2011 23:28:34 +0100
From:      Luigi Rizzo <rizzo@iet.unipi.it>
To:        Daniel Kalchev <daniel@digsys.bg>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: datapoints on 10G throughput with TCP ?

On Mon, Dec 05, 2011 at 11:15:09PM +0200, Daniel Kalchev wrote:

> On Dec 5, 2011, at 9:27 PM, Luigi Rizzo wrote:
>
> > - have two machines connected by a 10G link
> > - on one run "nuttcp -S"
> > - on the other one run "nuttcp -t -T 5 -w 128 -v the.other.ip"
> >

> Any particular tuning of FreeBSD?

actually my point is first to see how good or bad are the defaults.

I have noticed that setting hw.ixgbe.max_interrupt_rate=0
(it is a tunable, you need to do it before loading the module)
improves the throughput by a fair amount (but still way below
line rate with 1500 byte packets).

other things (larger windows) don't seem to help much.

cheers
luigi