Date:      13 Mar 2002 20:09:37 +1130
From:      "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Serial GDB hangs

Hi,
I am trying to debug a KLD using serial GDB but it keeps hanging..

ie I will enter the debugger OK, and generally everything will work OK
for a while, but then I'll want to do another command and it will just
sit there in the ttyin state :-/

It is sometimes recoverable but that requires breaking to the debugger
manually after restarting GDB which isn't exactly desirable :(

It seems more reliable at 9600 but I would have thought a K7 1Ghz could
go a bit faster :-/

(Gdb is running on a PIII-700 laptop)

---
are so many of them to choose from."