Date:      Wed, 11 Jan 95 14:02:06 MST
From:      terry@cs.weber.edu (Terry Lambert)
To:        supervisor@alb.asctmd.com
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: sys/netipx

> I am working on a hacked version of the netns code in order to conform
> more to IPX (ethernet frame type 8137). I am interested in being able to
> support IPX and SPX connections using the BSD sockets interface.
> THESE CHANGES ARE NOT YET COMPLETE...
>
> What is an appropriate method to make these changes available for
> inclusion into the FreeBSD source tree?

Maybe now would be a good time to generalize the protocol family
registration mechanism and provide a function interface to do it, as
well as getting rid of the #undef UNIX and the word 'UNIX' in referring
to socket domains?

It would be natural to use an LKM to load a protocol family.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@cs.weber.edu
---
or previous employers.