Date:      Wed, 22 Dec 2004 12:26:37 +0100
From:      jsha <johann@terrabionic.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Booting problem on HP Compaq DC7100

--4Ckj6UjgE2iN1+kY

Hello.

I'm running a HP Compaq DC7100 with two S-ATA harddrives.

It's a bit difficult for me to say what goes wrong, because I'm not told.
I've installed FreeBSD, and when I turn on the computer it passes on to the
bootloader part. This is where, when I select F1 for FreeBSD (F5 is Drive1
and used to run Windows, but after the FreeBSD MBR alteration it will not
boot either), the computer *simply* reboots. If I use the standard MBR and
not the bootloader, it will just continue to try to load FreeBSD and then
reboot in an infinite loop.

I've tried seeking answers on questions@freebsd.org, on IRC and on Google.
But nobody seems to be familiar with newer hardware. I've tried messing
around in my BIOS setup, playing with most of the available options but to
no good. I've tried setting the FreeBSD harddrive partition to bootable,
as well as resetted the MBR with fdisk.

My superiors, what could i do to *fix* this?

Thanks,
Johann
--
j.