Date:      Mon, 31 Aug 2015 10:25:39 -0700
From:      Garrett Cooper <yaneurabeya@gmail.com>
To:        Hrishikesh Keremane <hr1sh1@yahoo.com>
Cc:        "hackers@freebsd.org" <hackers@freebsd.org>, "net@freebsd.org" <net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: GPL issues around OFED code in FreeBSD 9.1

> On Aug 31, 2015, at 09:34, Hrishikesh Keremane via freebsd-hackers <freebs=
d-hackers@freebsd.org> wrote:
>=20
> [Sorry for cross posting]
>=20
> Hi,
>=20
> We are working on a product(FreeBSD based) that would require RDMA over iW=
ARP and are considering using the OFED stack in FreeBSD 9.1.
> We will be making some changes to the OFED stack to customize it to our re=
quirements.
>=20
> The concern is regarding the implications of GPL licensing of OFED on our c=
ode base.
> Has anyone worked with OFED in FreeBSD and/or is aware of the licensing is=
sues around it?
>=20
> Thanks in advance for your help.
>=20
> Please include me in your replies as I am not subscribed to these lists.

The OFED stack is BSD/GPLv2 dual licensed IIRC. the Mellanox import might ha=
ve made it 100% BSD licensed though.

There's FreeBSD-infiniband@freebsd.org as well. It's a low traffic list, but=
 it might hit a better target audience in the future.

Cheers,
-NGie=