Date:      Sat, 17 Nov 2001 00:01:20 -0800 (PST)
From:      Alexey Koptsevich <kopts@astro.washington.edu>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   watching DVDs with videolan

Hello,

I saw messages that videolan "works greatly" under FreeBSD and would be
grateful for help with it! I watch DVDs with it. It works but it is damn
slow: I see movement in separate frames, and the funny thing is that CPU
is not 100% busy! Renicing up to -20 makes situation a bit better but not
much. I have 850 MHz PIII on my laptop, so I think Are there any options
which I should set in order to make it work?

BTW, is vlc the best choice for watching DVD or there are better ones?

Thanks,
Alex