Date:      Fri, 7 May 2004 16:17:38 +0400
From:      Gleb Smirnoff <glebius@cell.sick.ru>
To:        Dmitry Morozovsky <marck@rinet.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FrameRelay support for cx/ctau adapters

On Fri, May 07, 2004 at 04:08:52PM +0400, Dmitry Morozovsky wrote:
D> we're using Cronyx adapters, some of them in FremaRelay mode, which has been
D> supported by cronyx-made drivers available from vendor site for most of FreeBSD
D> versions. FR support involves modifications to sppp kernel routines.
D>
D> Main driver maintainer is now FreeBSD committer (rik@).
D> However, during merging cx/ctau into the tree, FR suppport has not been
D> incorporated. Roman told me there are some objections to these modifications.
D>
D> Can I ask for more complete cx/ctau support including FR?
D>
D> Please keep me CC'd, as I'm not subscribed to -net.

FreeBSD has support for FR with help of nodes ng_frame_relay and ng_lmi. This
support is hardware independent. And it works perfectly with cronyx adapters.
What is a reason for merging hardware specific support from old cronyx driver into
base system?

P.S. I'll try to translate cronyx docs into english this weekend, and submit them
as a manpage.

--
Totus tuus, Glebius.
GLEBIUS-RIPN GLEB-RIPE