Date:      Thu, 10 Feb 2000 20:01:08 -0800
From:      Dann Lunsford <dann@greycat.com>
To:        net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Ethernet Frame types

On Wed, Feb 09, 2000 at 08:07:08AM +0600, Boris Popov wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Feb 2000, Dann Lunsford wrote:
>
> > I've been trying to get Boris Popov's NCPLIB working, and have run
> > into a somewhat wierd snag.  It seems that the Novell people at my
> > site (apparently at the advice of Novell) have decreed that all
> > IPX shall be encapsulated in Frame type 802.3.  As near as I can
>
> 	If you're runnig -current see man ef(4), for the 3.4-stable branch
> download if_ef driver separately:
>
> 	ftp://ftp.butya.kz/pub/ipx/ifef-1.3.tar.gz

Thanks for the pointer, Boris.  I've had no time to deal with this
for the last couple of days, but next week should be less hectic.

I've tried tweaking a couple of things (ETHERTYPE_IPX for one)
but I still can't get a response.  I did manage to see 802.3 Raw
frames being sent, but the Novell servers are pure 802.3.  Why
did they make this so sensitive to frame type?  Never mind,
rhetorical question...

--
Dann Lunsford       The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil
dann@greycat.com    is that men of good will do nothing.  --  Cicero