Date:      Mon, 25 Sep 2000 14:10:32 +0200
From:      Henning Sprang <henning.sprang@netropol.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        stolz@i2.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Subject:   Re: installation via http proxy

Hy,

On Mon, Sep 25, 2000 at 10:57:36AM +0200, Volker Stolz wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 25, 2000 at 04:37:35AM +0200, Henning Sprang wrote:
> > when trying to install 4.1-RELEASE via a http proxy, using exactly the
> > solution provided in http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/install-guide.html,
> > 2.2.1.6.2  my system always crashes right after choosing the download site.
> > I try to use install type 3b HTTP Proxy.
> > The Sytem goes down , showing the URL of my download site iin a grey frame,
> > saying
> > "Fatal Error: Null name or value passed to set_variable2! - PRESS ANY KEY TO REBOOT"
>
> This option in sysinstall is *BROKEN*.

does that mean i will not be able to do an install via http proxy (here squid) like
described in the install documenation?
When choosing one of the other ftp methods i get errors, too.
if it is still possible - how?

henning

--
Henning Sprang                         Netropol Digitale Systeme
                                         Lagerstrasse 30a