Date:      Tue, 11 Feb 2003 10:56:57 +0800 (CST)
From:      =?iso-8859-1?q?Ka=20Kit=20Hoi?= <csalger@yahoo.com.hk>
To:        freebsd-gnome@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   gnome2 port, library not found

Hi,

After I finish installing the gnome port, the
gnome-session keep on complaining "Shared object xxx
not found". Those objects are all the .so that gnome
link to.

For example

/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object
"libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0" not found
/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object
"libatk-1.0.so.0" not found

The .so actually is installed and located in
/usr/X11/lib or /usr/local/lib. Just that all the .so
are not ended with .0 (Rather I found that there are
things like libatk-1.0.so.200). If I sym-link those
lib to ended with .0, the complaint goes away.

I am using Freebsd 4.5-RELEASE.

Thanks,
Alger Hoi