Date:      Fri, 22 Aug 1997 21:32:18 -0700
From:      "Pedro Giffuni S," <pgiffuni@fps.biblos.unal.edu.co>
To:        brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports/4360: New Port - amaya-1.0b

brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu wrote:

>         This port is essentially just installing the Linux binary.  There
>         is source code available for Amaya, but it requires Motif, which
>         I don't have.  W3 has also not ported it to use Lesstif instead.
>         It might be nice to have a native port if someone has Motif.  It
>         didn't look that hard to do.

Ughh...AFAIK Amaya requires Thot-libs, which run (more or less) with
Lesstif. Once ported with lesstif (I don't have Motif either), the
committer will take care that it works with Motif.
I'm pretty sure everyone will hate me for saying this, but I very much
dislike the idea of using the ports tree for distributing Linux versions
of programs with full source code.
Your port is forcing me to work on porting Thot, and then port Amaya,
something I wouldn't dislike if I had a good network ;-(.

	Pedro.