Date:      Thu, 27 Apr 2000 15:57:39 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Brian Beattie <beattie@beattie-home.net>
To:        Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.0-RELEASE ASUS K7V floppy boot fails -- register dump

On Thu, 27 Apr 2000, Mike Smith wrote:

> I'm afraid that, in this case, it is *your* analysis that is faulty, and
> you are being misled by an irrelevant aside.

Hardware that used to work, that still works in other situations, stopped
working when the boot procedure changed.  The people who worked on that
code tell me I'm wrong, nothing they did could have done that.  Ok fine, I
don't care that much, I have other hardware that will let me work around
this.

BTW, I did not say that the testing od the bit causes the problem, I said
that something related to testing for an extended keyboard SEEMS to have
caused this change in behaviour.  More so because the keyboard has
problems only when you DON'T test for an extended keyboard, because then
it fails, correctly, to read the keyboard.

As to insults, I do not see how disagreeing with you analysis is
insulting.

Brian Beattie            | This email was produced using professional quality,
beattie@aracnet.com      | standards based software.  Users of Microsoft
beattie@aracnet.com      | products or other substandard software should
www.aracnet.com/~beattie | contact the author about receiving a Free upgrade to