Date:      Wed, 26 Jun 2002 15:39:43 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@secnetix.de>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: /dev/acd0c bug

Max Khon <fjoe@iclub.nsu.ru> wrote:
 > On Tue, Jun 25, 2002 at 11:59:23PM -0700, Mr. Darren wrote:
 > > the iso's in question were converted from .cue/.bin..
 > > the vcds I burn turn out ok.. just the mode1 iso's
 > > don't... I get that error every time.  all my devs are
 > > current..  could be related to the ATA problems...
 >
 > why generated .iso image has .ugh extension?
 > bchunk generates such extension when it can't determine track mode
 > properly. if you have created .cue file yourself, you could
 > specify incorrect track mode. can you show your .cue file?

And why not used cdrdao, which can read .bin/.cue files
directly, without the need to make the .iso detour?
I use it successfully on FreeBSD 4.6 with a 24x ATAPI
CD-RW drive (Benq, formerly known as Acer).

ftp://ftp.freebsd.dk/pub/ATA/

(I don't think the ATA-enabled cdrdao is in the ports yet.)

Regards
   Oliver