Date:      Mon, 03 Dec 2007 15:53:45 -0500
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@chuckr.org>
Subject:   mail problem, using postfix & dovecot

I have my mail system running on my FreeBSD server.  It uses postfix
outgoing, and dovecot to manage the Imap server, and finally Seamonkey
either locally or from one of my other machines, to read/write my mail,
it makes for a very portable mail system, but I am now convinced I have
one major bug.  It's that I'm getting too darn many duplicate mails.

I didn't complain when that happened on all the FreeBSD posts, because
we have so daarn many people crossposting, it'd be foolish to try to fix
that.  BUT I just got dupes on some mail from Usenix, and I know Usenix
isn't double posting me.

Any  idea of any common sort of mail mistake I might have made?  Mail
isn't my real forte, so I might well  have bungled something.  Any sort
of hint, right or wrong, would help, and especially the wrong ones: I'll
run them down anyhow, and during that running down, I often find the
real error, so don't think I'll jump upon you for stupid suggestions.
The only sort of thing I won't try is suggestions to change the basic
method I use: I know Imap *can* be made to work, so I won't switch to
using something like popmail, I don't want to pop my mail.  Other than
that, any suggestion will be checked, believe me.