Date:      Sun, 9 Feb 2003 14:59:22 -0800
From:      Jeremy <jeremy@cs.ubc.ca>
To:        Scot Johnson <scotjohnson@mac.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Linksys PCI card (WMP11) pccard or not pccard ?

In http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=3D2223654+0+/usr/local/w=
ww/db/text/2003/freebsd-questions/20030209.freebsd-questions you wrote:=

>   I'd like to try and get the HP on the network. I got a Linksys PCI =
card
>   (WMP11) and installed it. I checked the kernel config and it includ=
ed wi,
>   awi, an, etc. This lead me to believe that wireless networking was
>   configured into the kernel.=20
/snip/

I have exactly the same problem (Except that I use a  4.7).
I have a Linksys Wireless PCI Card, model no WMP11,=20
and I don't manage to make my freebsd 4.7 basic install to detect it.=20=

Did you solve your problem and how ?

And I don't understant the reference to pccard in the answer you
received (http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=3D2363574+0+/usr/=
local/www/db/text/2003/freebsd-questions/20030209.freebsd-questions):
This is a PCI Card, for DESKTOPs, and anyway when I run pccardd daemon
it tells me (correctly I guess) that there is no PC-CARD slot.

Similarly someone else seems to be using the same card with the driver
wi, (http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=3D1883677+0+/usr/local=
/www/db/text/2002/freebsd-questions/20020505.freebsd-questions),
but this driver is said in the GENERIC configuration file of my kernel
to be associated only to WaveLAN wireless, a pcmcia card.
Are those people talking about the same Wireless PCI card ?
(there are similar references in older mails)

Finally there seems to be a driver for this card under red Hat,
(http://www.saragossa.net/LinuxG3/ls-wlan.shtml), but they warn of
some bios prerequite:
> Be advised, the WMP11 PCI requires a version 2.2 PCI bus on your
> motherboard
Could it be the cause and how can I check that ?

--=20
J=E9r=E9my Barbay                             (http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~je=
remy)