Date:      Sat, 19 Apr 2003 16:17:49 -0500
From:      "Jeremy Gaddis" <jeremy@gaddis.org>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   OpenLDAP rootdn/rootpw

I recently migrated a server to FreeBSD.  The server previously
ran OpenLDAP on Linux, and I have installed OpenLDAP from the
ports collection.  Before the migration, I backed up the OpenLDAP
data files on the Linux box, and restored the files into
/var/db/openldap-ldbm/ on the FreeBSD box.  I use LDAP Explorer
(web-based LDAP client) running on a (physically separate) web
server to connect to it.  I can connect to it from LDAP Explorer
and browse it just fine, but if I try to modify any attributes,
I am informed that my rootdn and/or rootpw are incorrect.  I
expected everything to remain the same since I restored the
files from backups, and explicitly set the rootdn and rootpw
variables in the slapd.conf file.  Is there a way to reset
the rootdn and/or rootpw using some command-line tools?

Thanks,
j.

--
Jeremy L. Gaddis   <jeremy@gaddis.org>   <http://www.gaddis.org>;