Date:      Sun, 22 Feb 2009 07:21:57 -0600 (CST)
From:      Scott Bennett <bennett@cs.niu.edu>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, Oliver Lehmann <lehmann@ans-netz.de>
Subject:   dyndns.org clients

     On Sat, 21 Feb 2009 09:47:13 +0100 Oliver Lehmann <lehmann@ans-netz.de>
wrote:
>I'm looking for a dyndns.org client. I've used ddup for years but it is
>deleted for quite some time now. ipcheck is not a solution because it
>requires python. I don't want to install a whole scripting language for
>just keeping my IP at dyndns.org up to date on my router.
>
>So I'm looking for a dyndns.org client which is written in C (perl is
>also not an option). Does someone know a port?
>
>Otherwise I propably have to resurrect ddup...

     I've been using dns/inadyn for well over a year now, and it seems to
be quite reliable.  It also keeps track of the number of days that have
passed since the last time it actually sent an update to dyndns.org, so
that it will send an "update" in time to beat the 30-day limit.  I have
an application that, with a little luck, runs indefinitely, so this feature
is one I appreciate. :-)

                                  Scott Bennett, Comm. ASMELG, CFIAG