Date:      Wed, 16 Jun 1999 12:44:03 -0700
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Studded <Studded@gorean.org>, Jesper Skriver <jesper@skriver.dk>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Heavily loaded amd gets stuck

> > when doing a "make installworld" over NFS v3, both server and client
> > running -current, it worked fine when we changed to v2

When saying "NFSv3" one needs to be careful.  NFS version X is the NFS
protocol version.  It does not tell the transport protcol -- ie. UDP or
TCP.  3.1-STABLE+ defaults to NFSv3/UDP.

It would be quite helpful to know if NFSv3/UDP works for your ``make
install'' case.

> 	I thought of this, but I don't see any config options to downgrade
> amd. I'm looking through the source now, but any suggestions welcome.

Look at the commit message archives and you will see where I hacked Amd
to default to UDP over TCP.  You can also force the downgrade to NFSv2
there.

--
-- David    (obrien@NUXI.com  -or-  obrien@FreeBSD.org)