Date:      Sat, 29 Dec 2012 13:50:40 -0500
From:      Mikel King <mikel.king@olivent.com>
To:        Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
Cc:        Mike Jeays <mike.jeays@rogers.com>, Fbsd8 <fbsd8@a1poweruser.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: static ip address and ifconfig

It will show you each IP address you have successfully bound to the =
interface. Using static IP addresses; the choice is yours on which get =
bound to the interface and which do not where as with DHCP the one =
chosen by the provider is assigned.

If you bind only one then that is what it will show you.=20

Regards,
Mikel King
Senior Editor, BSD News
http://bsdnews.net

=20
On Dec 29, 2012, at 1:16 PM, Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de> wrote:

> On Sat, 29 Dec 2012 13:05:30 -0500, Fbsd8 wrote:
>> Mike Jeays wrote:
>>> On Sat, 29 Dec 2012 12:13:32 -0500
>>> Fbsd8 <fbsd8@a1poweruser.com> wrote:
>>>=20
>>>=20
>>> It will just show the one currently assigned.
>>>=20
>>> Try it - just bring up an xterm and type 'ifconfig' You don't have =
to=20
>>> be root, and you can't do any harm.
>>>=20
>>>=20
>>> em0: flags=3D8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> metric 0 =
mtu 1500
>>> 	options=3D9b<RXCSUM,TXCSUM,VLAN_MTU,VLAN_HWTAGGING,VLAN_HWCSUM>
>>> 	ether 08:00:27:40:ca:a9
>>> 	inet 10.0.2.15 netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast 10.0.2.255  # HERE =
IT IS