Date:      Sun, 07 Oct 2007 20:24:04 -0700
From:      Predrag Punosevac <punosevac@math.arizona.edu>
To:        Aryeh Friedman <aryeh.friedman@gmail.com>,  questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: wyswyg editors for tex (was re: replacement for open office)

Aryeh Friedman wrote:
> I finally got around to compiling abiword and I get the following when
> I try to run it:
>

>> abiword
>>
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)
>

>> uname -a
>>
> FreeBSD monsert 7.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 7.0-CURRENT #1: Sun Oct  7
> 20:47:51 UTC 2007     plos@monsert:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/MONSTER  amd64
>
> I don't want to bother with attempting to figure out why it broke.
> My question is since it looks like I am stuck with Tex is there any
> wyswyg editors for it?

Yes there is wyswyg editor for TeX. Look among ports. I do not use one
like most long time TeX users as it is useless. Every time you compile
the tex file dvi file displayed via xdvi will be automatically
updated. You can also configure Emacs so that when you press tex-view it
opens automatically xdvi file. Just use Emacs as it is configured for
TeXing out of box.

You sound like using TeX is a bad thing and so difficult. It is not my
11 year old nice uses for her homeworks.