Date:      Tue, 14 Sep 1999 14:08:34 -0400
From:      "Stephen C. Comoletti" <stevec@delanet.com>
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Clustering nt and bsd on shared raid box

I've recently setup an external raid box from metastor. It's got a FreeBSD
3.2 box serving nfs for my web/ftp/shell servers. We were wanting to also
support our few NT based machines and have run into a few problems. I was
wondering if anyone has successfully run bsd and NT both on the same scsi
bus? The Metastor unit has a Symbios differential raid5 controller, and I
have a adaptec 2944uw in both the BSD and NT boxes. I've been told NT has
problems with file locking/etc..however would this apply if it was only
accessing a partition for itself formatted as ntfs? Leaving the BSD box to
access the other partitions for the unix servers? Only emails I've seen
similar to this were talking about multiple BSD boxes, or one guy who did it
with an Amiga and a BSD box.. I do have NT Enterprise Server, which is
supposedly capable but OSSI (company who sold me the metastor unit) will not
support a BSD/NT combination..and I have no desire to trash the data on the
unit in testing.

--
Stephen Comoletti
Systems Administrator