Date:      Tue, 3 Jun 1997 18:56:13 +0100 (BST)
From:      Aled Treharne <taff@blue.bad.bris.ac.uk>
To:        R J Thompson <jules.winnfield@cableinet.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Basics

Hi there,
I was in the same hole as you a few months ago. I bought a book called
"Unix for Dummies" (IDG books). It's easy to read, basic and absolutely
hilarious! One good thing it does have is a chapter all for DOS
users, giving the Unix equivalent commands for DOS commands (as far
as they could). Once you get used to Unix (just play around) a good
SysAdmin book is Evi Nemeth's "Unix System Administration". It's
comprehensive, with typical Unix humour (very cynical!) and covers just
about everything you will need to know. Loads of VERY famous people have
contributed, the only one I can think of off hand is Phil Zimmerman. Good
luck and if you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to contact
me! :)

-Taff.

	  	   Aled Treharne		felix@royal.net
"Big Bird meets Salvador Dali has been brought to you by the numbers L and
                            ), and by the letter 3."
         For PGP Public key finger taff@blue.bad.bris.ac.uk

#include(disclaim.h)