Date:      Sat, 2 Dec 2000 17:39:59 -0700
From:      "Jim Thario" <jim@thario.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   natd + ipsec

We have a network here with public and private subnets. The gateway from the
private to public subnet runs natd. Recently we configured all nodes on the
public subnet to converse using IPSEC transport mode. This also includes the
gateway IP on the public subnet.

Since the addition of IPSEC we are unable to connect to machines on the
public subnet from the private subnet. It seems as if the packets that are
NAT'd through the gateway are byassing IPSEC processing and, of course, the
machines on the public subnet refuse to accept them.

Anyone else experience this?

Thanks in advance,
Jim