Date:      Sat, 19 Feb 2000 09:57:41 +0200
From:      Pekka Savola <pekkas.NOSPAM@netcore.fi>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 3.0 stable does not compile - crtbegin line 32 33

Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net> wrote:
>>     My system is currently running FreeBSD 2.2.6.  I downloaded 3.0
>> stable today but I cannot get it to build.
>
>please upgrade to 2.2-stable (RELENG_2_2) before upgrading to
>3-stable (RELENG_3).

FYI, that doesn't work :(

You have to upgrade to 3.2-RELEASE first (or perhaps 3.3, I didn't try
that); compiling 3.4-STABLE fails on an AOUT 2.2.8 system (bin/df).  I
posted a message here about it less than a week ago.

Pekka Savola			pekkas at netcore dot fi
---
Across the nations the stories spread like spiderweb laid upon spiderweb,
and men and women planned the future, believing they knew truth. They
planned, and the Pattern absorbed their plans, weaving toward the future
foretold.		-- Robert Jordan: The Path of Daggers