Date:      Fri, 28 Sep 2001 15:30:46 -0500
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        "David S. Jackson" <dsj@sylvester.dsj.net>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SCSI emu over ATAPI

David S. Jackson <dsj@sylvester.dsj.net> types:
> How come FreeBSD doesn't have such a pseudo device anyway?  Just
> didn't see much use for it or something?  Perhaps there are other
> tradeoffs with devising a pseudo SCSI device that talks over an
> ATAPI bus that made it undesireable?

burncd has been around for a *long* time, and does most of what the
developer needed. I recall seeing something from S=F8ren about having
such a thing partly working - something about cdrecord over it failing
on the same CD burners that burncd failed on. FreeBSD does have a nice
architecture for doing this kind of thing; you can see it in action on
other busses.

=09<mike
--
Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>=09=09=09http://www.mired.org/home/mwm/
Q: How do you make the gods laugh?=09=09A: Tell them your plans.