Date:      Wed, 18 Apr 2001 10:33:32 +0200
From:      Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai <asmodai@wxs.nl>
To:        Matt Dillon <dillon@earth.backplane.com>
Cc:        Doug Barton <DougB@DougBarton.net>, "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@scsiguy.com>, "'current@freebsd.org'" <current@FreeBSD.ORG>, Dan Langille <dan@langille.org>
Subject:   Re: FW: Filesystem gets a huge performance boost

-On [20010417 20:47], Matt Dillon (dillon@earth.backplane.com) wrote:
>    Testing it 'on' in stable on production systems and observing the
>    relative change in performance is a worthy experiment.  Testing it
>    'on' in current is just an experiment.

I have been running vfs.vmiodirenable=1 on two STABLE boxes for the last
week or so.  Still no problems.  Been doing massive cvsups and all
that.
This is not in combination with softupdates.  That's next on the agenda.

I think Dan Langille enabled it on a cvsupd server he has set up after I
mentioned this sysctl to him.  Dan?

--
Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven/Asmodai .oUo. asmodai@[wxs.nl|freebsd.org]
Documentation nutter/C-rated Coder BSD: Technical excellence at its best