Date:      Tue, 16 Jan 96 12:04:43 -0500
From:      Terry Rossi <tpr@pics.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   SOLUTION: netstart hanging on boot up

-- [ From: Terry Rossi * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --

I have been having a problem with a 2.1R system hanging during boot up.  It
also hung during the netstart where it was "ifconfig inet lo0 localhost".
I would always have to <control> c past netstart and then manually set
routes and devices.  I finally figured it out today.  My resolv.conf file
was:

domain pics.com
nameserver 192.135.189.20
nameserver 192.135.189.10

By removing the second nameserver line, it boots up correctly.  Is this a
bug?

Terry Rossi
tpr@pics.com