Date:      Sat, 05 Aug 2000 13:50:02 +0200 (SAST)
From:      Johan Kruger <jkruger@oskar.dev.nanoteq.co.za>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freeBSD.org, freebsd-questions@freeBSD.org
Subject:   Does sysinstall ever listen to a config file or command line ? - Not mine

Problem using sysinstall command line version ??

I am running the following BSD ver ( release i built , maybe something does not
work, although i doubt it , i am using it finely )
FreeBSD ockle.dev.nanoteq.co.za 5.0-20000724-SNAP FreeBSD 5.0-20000724-SNAP #5:
Thu Jul 27 14:47:59 SAST 2000
johan@ockle.dev.nanoteq.co.za:/usr/src/sys/compile/GENERIC  i386

Made a MFS Boot image for CD-Installation.
Crunched 72 Megs of utils into 1.67 Megs, ( thanx to crunch )
Anyhow, i mount the CD with live filesystem on /cdrom on MFS filesystem, and
now runned /stand/sysinstall ( obviously after a chroot to /cdrom )

Works perfectly in interactive mode. I am trying to use on command
line as follows:
try 1:
/stand/sysinstall disk=ad0 partition=all diskPartitionWrite

it doesn't work
so i tried
try 2:
/stand/sysinstall disk=ad0 partition=all noConfirm=yes diskPartitionWrite

it doesn't work
so i tried
try 3:
echo aw | /stand/sysinstall disk=ad0 partition=all diskPartitionWrite
it does a Select All and Write, BUT sometimes goes bonkers

try x:
still doesnt work, so compiled sysinstall with LOAD_CONFIG_FILE=/tmp/jjk.conf
mounted a stiffy ( ufs ) on /tmp with my jjk.conf on it.

sysinstall does not even try to load a file ??? My sysinstall manpage specked
that i should put LOAD_CONFIG_FILE=whatever into the Makefile ..... does not
use it

Want to use the command line version of sysinstall to partition disks, but
can't get it to work.
Am i doing something Wrong ??

E-Mail: Johan Kruger <jkruger@oskar.dev.nanoteq.co.za>