Date:      Mon, 23 Aug 1999 19:40:46 +0100
From:      Mark Ovens <mark@ukug.uk.freebsd.org>
To:        Doug Young <dougy@gargoyle.apana.org.au>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Newbie Questions

On Mon, Aug 23, 1999 at 08:21:00PM +1000, Doug Young wrote:
> but obviously
> thats not me
>
> How does one "mount' a floppy in BSD ...... in general BSD docs are better
> than
> the linux equivalents, but I'd defy anyone to figure "mount" out from the
> MAN page

	# mount -t msdos /dev/fd0 /mnt

Note the hash prompt - you have to do it as root.

If you add this to your /etc/fstab (as root):

/dev/fd0     /floppy    msdos   rw,noauto   0   0

and make sure that a directory /floppy exists, then all you need
to do is:

	# mount /floppy

HTH

> I entered a command "netstat -nr" ..... what does an Internet Destination
> 203.3.126.128.29
> mean ?? ..... under Gateway it says "link#1"
>
> Where do I enter routing info so it stays there next time I re-boot ??
>
> How do I achieve different subnets for LAN & ppp interfaces ??

Sorry, can't help you with this one.

STATE-OF-THE-ART: Any computer you can't afford.
OBSOLETE: Any computer you own.