Date:      Thu, 27 Apr 2000 14:18:25 +0930
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
Cc:        Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>, FreeBSD advocacy list <FreeBSD-advocacy@freebsd.org>, netbsd-advocacy@NetBSD.ORG, advocacy@openbsd.org
Subject:   Re: Document: What's the difference between Linux and BSD?

On Thursday, 27 April 2000 at  0:38:05 -0400, Andrew Gillham wrote:
> Peter Seebach writes:
>> In message <20000427131738.G55780@freebie.lemis.com>, Greg Lehey writes:
>>> 1.  Have I forgotten something?
>>
>> BSD/OS.  I know we're "distant cousins" or whatever, but we're definitely
>> a live branch of BSD Unix, with active development, market niches, etcetera.
>> There are a bunch of things listing the three open-source systems, but
>> not listing BSD/OS; this may confuse people when they see just-occasional
>> references to the 4th member of the family.  Even if we're widely thought to
>> be the black sheep.  ;-)
>
> Having been at the BSD BOF, I must ask: "Darwin?"  Does it qualify?
> At least it should get as much mention as BSD/OS.

Good point.  I'll have to add that one.

BTW, apologies: I sent the message to OpenBSD-advocacy@OpenBSD.org.
That's the wrong address: it should be advocacy@OpenBSD.org.  I've
sent the original message to them as well, but we now look like we'll
have two threads.  Please check the addresses before sending a reply.

Greg