Date:      Thu, 29 May 1997 10:16:04 -0300 (EST)
From:      Paulo Fragoso <paulo@nlink.com.br>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Cyclades PCI Strange Behavior

We have here the following configuration:

a Pentium 133 with Intel i430vx Motherboard
32MB RAM.
1.2GB IDE HardDrive
a Trident PCI Video Card
A cyclades PCI Cy32 card mapped to high memory
32 dial-in modems

Some strange things are happening here.

We are getting a lot of silo overflows that get more frequently when we
start using the computer ( very frequent when we compile the kernel ).
If we start an upload to the computer, we have very much silo overflows
than in a download.

After about 1 day with the system running it JUST RESETS without any
message in the screen if we SWITCH ONE OF THE MODEMS OFF AND ON AGAIN (
Just after we turn if on ).

Is this a cyclades PCI Card design error? Is there any solution to the
problem? Is it a driver problem? Or do i have a problematic card?

I have a cyclades Cyclom16Y ISA running since FreeBSD2.1.0 with no silo
overflows in more than one year.

Luiz