Date:      Mon, 1 Dec 2008 00:19:35 +0200
From:      Alex Kozlov <spam@rm-rf.kiev.ua>
To:        Gerald Pfeifer <gerald@pfeifer.com>, Tijl Coosemans <tijl@ulyssis.org>, Daichi GOTO <daichi@freebsd.org>, freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org, spam@rm-rf.kiev.ua
Subject:   Re: wine-1.1.8 regression -- wine: could not load L"...": Invalid address

On Sun, Nov 30, 2008 at 06:58:14PM +0100, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Nov 2008, Alex Kozlov wrote:
>>> The patch moves this to (address_space_limit - 10 * VIRTUAL_HEAP_SIZE).
>>> I'm not sure that's correct. I think simply 0x80000000 would be better,
>>> but that's what Alexandre can tell you.
>> I'm also not sure. That why this patch quick and dirty. Let see what
>> Julliard has to say.
>From Alexandre POV most correct action will be to fix reserve_areas logic
on FreeBSD. (I try that on this weekend, but with limited success. Very
limited. Need more work, and I'm not sure that I will have enough time)
As for the patch, place when alloc virtual_heap don't matter. So I think
0x80000000 is ok.

> Thanks again, Alex, and thanks for the review, Tijl!  (I had the same
> question on the second hunk. ;-)
This is garbage from my attempts to fix reserve_area. Sorry.

--
Adios